I feel like the McDonald’s cookie is underrated. Subway is known to be the fast food place with the best cookies. I’m not about to hate on Subway cookies unprovoked but the McDonald’s one, in my opinion, is so much better.
Their triple chocolate cookie is SO SOFT AND SO CHEWY. I didn’t think I liked chewy cookies until I tried the McDonald’s one.
My only problem with McDonald’s is the fact that they only have a triple chocolate one, they don’t sell any other cookie flavour. Well in the UK at least, they might have different flavours in other places but here we only have 1 to choose from. IMAGINE IF THEY DID A WHITE CHOC AND RASPBERRY ONE. They’re truly missing out on a great opportunity I think.
But also McDonald’s seems to be doing fine or whatever so I guess they don’t really need my advice but anyway I wanted to recreate their cookie so here we are!!
McDonald's Triple Chocolate Cookies
Makes: 7 Cookies
50g cocoa powder
150g brown sugar
50g granulated sugar
2 egg yolks
1 whole egg
200g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
70g milk chocolate chunks
70g white chocolate chunks
- start by melting your butter then pour this into a large bowl
- add the cocoa powder into this and whisk
- now add both sugars, whisk this, then whisk in the the 2 egg yolks and the whole egg
- in a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder
- add this into the other bowl and mix until a dough forms. now mix in the chocolate chunks
- divide the dough into 100g pieces, roll these into balls then add them onto a tray and leave them in the fridge for an hour
- after around 40 minutes, you can pre-heat your oven to 180c/350f
- once the cookie dough balls have chilled for an hour, add them onto a large baking paper lined tray, making sure to leave gaps in between them so they have room to spread
- bake these for 18-20 minutes. after 10 minutes, i took the tray out and slammed it down on my counter a few times just to make them a little flatter, just like the mcdonald's ones. then put them back in to oven and bake for the remaining time
- once they're baked, let them cool on the tray for 5 minute before trying to pick them up and then that is it!