When I made a single serve cookie a few weeks ago, I wasn’t sure if many people would actually want to make it….I was wrong. Turns out we love single serve recipes. So here’s another one, I made single serve brownie this time.
Out of the ones I have done, this one is the easiest so if you appreciate a warm fudgy brownie……I think you definitely have to make this right now!
Can this be microwaved?
If you don’t have a mini toaster oven, sometimes baking a single serve dessert may seem like a waste of energy.
And by that I mean a waste of your ovens energy and your own because you have to take all the pans out of your oven, pre-heat it and then put one small thing in there. So I wanted to see if this could be microwaved instead.
You can microwave this however, the texture is different. Baking it in the oven will give you a more fudgy brownie, a microwave will give you a more cakey one.
I prefer the texture of it when it is baked in the oven, but they taste good either way.
If you want to microwave it, just add the batter into a mug and microwave it for 1 minute 30 seconds. Depending on the power of your microwave, the time will vary, so just keep an eye on it!
Single Serve Brownie
40g unsalted butter
30g dark chocolate
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons plain flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 180c/350f.
- Add the butter and chocolate into a bowl and heat these together, in a microwave, until fully melted.
- Add in the sugar and vigorously whisk this for 30 seconds. Add in the egg and whisk for 30 seconds again.
- Now whisk in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour this batter into a ramekin, I used a 4 inch/10 cm one.
- Bake for around 25 minutes. Once baked, let it cool for 5 minutes and then you're done!